Sunday 18 November 2012

Nursing Home Project

Dear friends and colleagues,
Recently, if any of you read the Vietnamese newspaper, there are concerns about AVACS in the community.
There was also a lot of rumours and speculation about this topic especially about my resignation from AVACS. After a talk with Minh, I have decided to clarify a few things:


I was introduced to AVACS by Minh and Kieu at about March 2011.


I thought it was an excellent association with a very noble cause, ie to help the old Vietnamese people.


I became actively involve with a PR role to introduce AVACS to the Vietnamese community.


However, I later realise that my working ethic was not compatible with the rest of the AVACS board members. I wanted to publically resign from AVACS, however because of the sensitivity of the matter (especially I did not want to be looked at as somebody who want to sabotage the project), although I had drafted a resignation email in July 2012,  I postponed my resignation until recently when a member of the public mentioned my name in association with AVACS and questioning the intergrity and transparency of AVACS.


Therefore, I really want to make it clear:


I have no role in writing any letter or being behind any plot to sabotage AVACS.
I have formally resigned from AVACS and wish to remain friend.
I still support Vietnamese Nursing Home Project.
I am the sole responsible person for my judgment and decision without being influenced by a third party or person.


I thank AVHPA for the 25/08/12 fundraising dinner and I know all my colleagues are all compassionate about building a nursing home for the Vietnamese.


I hope after this email, all speculations or rumours would stop and if anybody is still not clear about any matter to do with my role or action to contact myself to discuss directedly.


Thank you very much for your understanding and time.
         Regards,

         Xuyen Tran

No comments:

Post a Comment